Former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway met on Monday with investigators from the House select committee examining the events at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.
The committee did not publicly issue a subpoena and she maintained her appearance at the O’Neill House Office Building, the venue for the panel’s depositions, was done “voluntarily,” according to The Hill.
She had already left the Trump administration by Jan. 6, 2021, but reportedly called a Trump aide to encourage the president to ask his supporters to leave the grounds.
The committee issued a bevy of subpoenas to former Trump advisers, some of whom spoke publicly in televised hearings. Notable among them was former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who refused to honor the subpoena and received a now-suspended prison sentence, pending an appeal, for contempt of Congress.
The members of the select committee are planning to publish the final report in December, before control of the House switches to the Republicans, as the committee sunsets at the end of this Congress. Said report has sparked a degree of drama among the committee staffers over the prominence of certain teams’ work in the report. Wyoming Republican Rep. Liz Cheney has reportedly pushed to prioritize Trump’s role in the event in the committee’s final document.
Yes, We Need Your Help
I hate being “that guy” who asks people to donate because I think our conservative news network is so crucial, but here I am…
When I left my cushy corporate job in 2017, I did so knowing that my family would have to make sacrifices. But I couldn’t continue to watch the nation slip into oblivion and was inspired by President Trump’s willingness to fight the good fight even at his own personal expense. What I didn’t realize then is that conservative media would be so heavily attacked, canceled, and defunded that the sacrifices would be extreme.
Many in this nation are struggling right now even though we weren’t struggling just a few years ago. I’m not alone. But I wake up every morning and operate the sites we’ve been able to build because there’s really no other choice. I refuse to be beholden to Big Tech like so many other conservative news outlets, which is why you won’t see Google ads here. With that said, it’s often challenging to pay the bills and it’s even harder to expand so we can get the America First message out to a wider audience.
The economic downturn has forced me to make a plea for help. Between cancel culture, lockdowns, and diminishing ad revenue, we need financial assistance in order to continue to spread the truth. We ask all who have the means, please donate through our Giving Fuel. Your generosity is what keeps these sites running and allows us to expand our reach so the truth can get to the masses. We’ve had great success in growing but we know we can do more with your assistance.
We currently operate:
- NOQ Report
- Conservative Playlist
- Uncanceled News
- Based Underground
- Five other conservative news sites
I would even be willing to entertain investments and partnerships at this stage. I’ve turned them down in the past because editorial purity is extremely important. I’ll turn them down again if anyone wants us to start supporting RINOs or avoid “taboo” topics like voter fraud, vaccines, or transgender supremacy. But I’d talk to fellow America First patriots who want to help any (or all) of our 10 news sites. Hit me up at jdrucker (at) substack (dot) com if you’re interested.
For those who have the means and just want to help keep the mission of spreading a conservative, Christian message to the nation, please consider a generous donation.