Source: AP Photo/Marta Lavandier
Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis said Monday that he does not want the immigration concerns plaguing southwestern states to be “imported into the state of Florida” after video footage captured over the last week appeared to show a busload of illegal immigrants being dropped off in the Sunshine State.
Asked by reporters about transportation companies bringing illegal immigrants to Florida and hotels sheltering them in the state, DeSantis said he does not wish for the problems at the southern border to become problems in Florida and that those who played in role in transporting or harboring migrants will be burdened with the cost.
“If you’re knowingly involved in that, you’re doing stuff that we don’t want. DeSantis said during a press conference. “We don’t want the problems at the southern border to be imported into the state of Florida. And so people that are instrumental in that, we want to hold accountable by, of course, denying business opportunities with state and local but, maybe even more important, making them pay restitution for all the costs that’s going to end up doing.”
The governor was responding to a video captured by an independent journalist showing what appeared to be a bus of migrants transported from the southern border.
“We’re not going to let Biden’s recklessness at the border impose costs on the state of Florida,” he said.
DeSantis went on to explain that transportation companies bringing legal migrants to the state will not be subject to the aforementioned costs.
This comes after DeSantis asserted in November that the Biden administration had sent more than 70 planes full of migrants from the southern border to Jacksonville.
Yes, We Need Your Help
I hate being “that guy” who asks people to donate because I think our conservative news network is so crucial, but here I am…
When I left my cushy corporate job in 2017, I did so knowing that my family would have to make sacrifices. But I couldn’t continue to watch the nation slip into oblivion and was inspired by President Trump’s willingness to fight the good fight even at his own personal expense. What I didn’t realize then is that conservative media would be so heavily attacked, canceled, and defunded that the sacrifices would be extreme.
Many in this nation are struggling right now even though we weren’t struggling just a few years ago. I’m not alone. But I wake up every morning and operate the sites we’ve been able to build because there’s really no other choice. I refuse to be beholden to Big Tech like so many other conservative news outlets, which is why you won’t see Google ads here. With that said, it’s often challenging to pay the bills and it’s even harder to expand so we can get the America First message out to a wider audience.
The economic downturn has forced me to make a plea for help. Between cancel culture, lockdowns, and diminishing ad revenue, we need financial assistance in order to continue to spread the truth. We ask all who have the means, please donate through our Giving Fuel. Your generosity is what keeps these sites running and allows us to expand our reach so the truth can get to the masses. We’ve had great success in growing but we know we can do more with your assistance.
We currently operate:
- NOQ Report
- Conservative Playlist
- Uncanceled News
- Based Underground
- Five other conservative news sites
I would even be willing to entertain investments and partnerships at this stage. I’ve turned them down in the past because editorial purity is extremely important. I’ll turn them down again if anyone wants us to start supporting RINOs or avoid “taboo” topics like voter fraud, vaccines, or transgender supremacy. But I’d talk to fellow America First patriots who want to help any (or all) of our 10 news sites. Hit me up at jdrucker (at) substack (dot) com if you’re interested.
For those who have the means and just want to help keep the mission of spreading a conservative, Christian message to the nation, please consider a generous donation.